Main Menu

greenhouse

Started by chillout, December 05, 2011, 09:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chillout

Hi guys,

This is my firt keyshot upload. An airconstruction which makes a dome for my plants. Normally I was going to render it with plants inside, but my dell studio 15 with 4GB is to slow to even import it in keyshot. It would be very nice if you give me some comments to improve my work. My deadline for school is next week.

Thanks a lot!

Speedster

Neat design!  two quickies-  try increasing your Realtime Gamma to about 2.000 to 2.200.  Also increase your ray bounces to about 12 or so, and be sure to duplicate the setting in the Render tab quality options.  Good luck with the project!
Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

chillout

Tnx,

I'm gonna work on it and do a repost. I have another question, does someone have an organic material for my leafs of my plants? A friend will render it for me. He has a big new pc so he can do it!

Speedster

Go to www.cgtextures.com- I'm sure they will have something, and it's FREE!  Also, just take some good photos of large leaves, or whatever, and use them as textures.
Bill G

chillout

I tryed to use textures from that site but I could'nt fit it on the model :(

Zander85

Okay I have a noticed a few things that make this image look really CG. One is the reflection in the tent. You have plenty of the tent interior in the reflection but not enough of the environment. Try using an HDRI of an outdoor image so you can get some trees in the tent's reflections.

Also the tent's ventilation fan is blowing out. Concentrate on the lighting of your back plate. Use this to help you set up your lights (if your using HDR Light Studio). Or just rotate your environment so that harsh light moves elsewhere.

And watch out for overly sharp shadows. Remember those shadows are supposed to be falling on top of grass which would quickly diffuse that light and distort the shape of your shadows.

Great work so far keep it up! And I love the greenhouse perfect for herbs.. haha

Zander85

I forgot to mention you could also add a dirt map/dust map to that tent material to make it subtlety imperfect.

chillout

Good reply, very usefull answer! If you are talking about the lightning, it is already an outdoor one. I used the forest and you can see a bit of forest in the reflection. But I will make my environment a bit smaller maybe  it's more clear than. Before they also said me to put my realtime gamma on 2.2 but after this I get an overkill of my light.

I think the dirtmap is something good to experiment with. The next step is to make my growroom a bit more industrial. But in any case I prefere growing on soil ;)