Separate Camera Undo/Redo Stack (2022)

Started by cbecks, May 06, 2022, 12:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbecks

Hi All,

I would like to be able to undo the camera positions back to the 3, maybe 5, 7 or 10 previous camera positions (and be able to re-do them all too).
Separate from the normal undo, in case you change something else in between camera angle changes you don't want to change by undoing all the camera angles.

Same request from 2014 and 2016.

2014: https://forum.keyshot.com/index.php?topic=7927.msg37656#msg37656
2016:  https://forum.keyshot.com/index.php?topic=13171.msg65105#msg65105

Thanks

mattjgerard

Like in photoshop's history pallet, but for cameras.

TGS808

Keeping track of two separate undo lists seems cumbersome and unnecessary. It would get confusing faster than you realize.

mattjgerard

Quote from: TGS808 on May 06, 2022, 05:28:23 PM
Keeping track of two separate undo lists seems cumbersome and unnecessary. It would get confusing faster than you realize.

Depends on your workflow, CMD-Z does the regular undo list, SHIFT+CMD+Z does the cam undo, that sort of thing, or have the history pallet like photoshop does, one for camera movements, one for the regular undo list. I would probably never use it, but if they can include/exclude camera moves in the undo list now, it seems they are able to track them separately already.  But the developers have always been of the "just because we can doesn't mean we should" sort of mentality.

Anindo Ghosh

QuoteKeeping track of two separate undo lists seems cumbersome and unnecessary. It would get confusing faster than you realize.

Not really: Given the complexities of the CAD software and other 3D tools many of us use daily, having and operating two independent undo-redo stacks isn't going to be too challenging.

Also, since there is already a checkbox for including camera movements in the undo-redo stack, that same checkbox could easily be extended to allow users to opt out of a separate stack if an individual felt overwhelmed by that extra undo-redo path.

For the rest who are accustomed to operating heavy machinery, so to speak, it would be a huge benefit - and one that, for good reason, users have been requesting since 2014.

cbecks

Quote from: TGS808 on May 06, 2022, 05:28:23 PM

Not confusing at all. I have it in SolidWorks right now.
Control+Z to undo (like normal)
Shift+Control+Z to undo camera position

I use this every day in SolidWorks. That's why I asked for it here.