Certain part rendering white not faded in fade animation

Started by shane.ploenges, May 12, 2022, 12:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane.ploenges

I am trying to fade a part on my CAD model to better show the internal mechanisms.  When i render out the animation the part renders out as a faded white, not the actual faded original color it should.  OIn the keyshot render frame window it looks correct, also in the realtime viewport it looks correct.  Some parts around the part that also fade work correctly, its just a couple of parts that display wrong.

Strange thing is if i save the image from the rendering window ir will save correctly.  it is almost as if something goes wrong in the save process.  I tried this on both KS6 and KS9 with the ame result.  Images attached. Also you can see if i save as a a psd file its as if it has cut out the part as being transparent.

Thanks in advance.

shane.ploenges

I have come across a previus post by idon23 who has had the same issue- rendering transparent BG with fade animations present causes ghosting artifacts.  This means i need to render with a white BG  or a key color to remove in post for compositing which is not ideal.  Can someone from Luxion please comment if this has been fixed in the latest KS versions or plans to be addressed?

theAVator

It could be the same issue, but it seems to be presenting in different ways and as such temporary workaround might be different. idon23's issue presents when there is nothing behind the items being faded - as such that is why I had suggested using a key color and then keying it out in post production. Your issue here is presenting when the items are in front of tangible geometry with materials applied - so the keying workaround won't be effective, unless you completely separate your animations from what is behind it, which would be a definite pain in the butt to have to do.

The issue causing both might be the same, but could be unrelated as well. With idon23's being that the parts are being faded over the environment, it's likely that it's a product of the light from the environment being white - despite the enviro being transparent, it still acts upon the geometry.
In your case, the objects behind it are acting upon it, so the part fading thru white makes no sense.

I haven not upgraded to 11 yet, so I couldn't do a test for you. Maybe Luxion has an answer for that. Also, put a ticket in thru their actual support site. You'll get someone actually addressing the issue vs. hoping they see it and responding thru the forum.  https://luxion.freshdesk.com/support/home

theAVator

Also, what material is the item you are fading? Back in version 6 there was an issue with Toon materials fading thru the environment and ignoring everything in front of it, but they fixed it in version 7. See post here by yours truly:  https://forum.keyshot.com/index.php?topic=17713.0

JackyK

Are you using a fade animation? You could try fading the material in the material graph and see if that is a workaround. See Keyshot Quick Tip for a custom fade animation below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9utHBp5RH0