Porsche GT4 Studio (Physical lighting)

Started by froyect, May 31, 2022, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froyect

Hi!

I made this renders based on a post that was made on a facebook group called "Automotive CGI". A lot of great works, but Keyshot still not relevant. A lot of Corona and Octane users.

So I tried to replicate an image on KeyShot that was made by Bernd Montag with Corona Render.

Hope you like it!

TGS808

I think you probably need some more samples to clean up the noise. Especially in the DoF shot. Otherwise, these all look real sharp. The subtle flares are a nice touch.

Hossein Alfideh

Love the lighting setup!
I would recommend playing a bit more with clear coat thickness to make some nice coating effect on the sharp reflections. Like the same shot you did of the head light, although you might need to get closer to that specific part.It would look so rad!
Great work! Keep it up!

froyect

Quote from: TGS808 on May 31, 2022, 06:45:04 PM
I think you probably need some more samples to clean up the noise. Especially in the DoF shot. Otherwise, these all look real sharp. The subtle flares are a nice touch.

Samples are a nightmare with 12 cores haha! Definitely the flares add some extra!

froyect

Quote from: Hossein Alfideh on June 01, 2022, 03:36:07 AM
Love the lighting setup!
I would recommend playing a bit more with clear coat thickness to make some nice coating effect on the sharp reflections. Like the same shot you did of the head light, although you might need to get closer to that specific part.It would look so rad!
Great work! Keep it up!

I used the axalta paint material, rather than a metallic paint, so I had not that specific control. But I will give it a try!

TGS808

Quote from: froyect on June 01, 2022, 10:19:51 AM
Samples are a nightmare with 12 cores haha!

For sure but it'll be worth the wait.

Josh3D

Way to meet the challenge. The automotive capabilities in KeyShot are highly under-valued. Believe me, there are some auto manf doing work in KeyShot you would be hard-pressed to tell the difference from a photograph. I really like the way these are turning out and agree with what's already been said.

froyect

Quote from: Josh3D on June 07, 2022, 09:54:00 AM
Way to meet the challenge. The automotive capabilities in KeyShot are highly under-valued. Believe me, there are some auto manf doing work in KeyShot you would be hard-pressed to tell the difference from a photograph. I really like the way these are turning out and agree with what's already been said.

I've seen some stunning images made with KeyShot. But definitely is not that common to see in the automotive field as other render engines.

At the end is about pushing the boundaries not only the software ones, but also the personal