FreeWrite typewriter - Moby-Dick novel art work

Started by Hossein Alfideh, June 06, 2022, 11:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Hi everyone, I'd like to share with you guys my latest work for Freewrite

Freewrite is a smart single purpose tool for those who want to take the next step in writing professionally with full focus, away from all the distractions we face daily by internet.

The purpose of creating these renderings is to exhibit how a legendary story can be born by using a professional single purpose tool! I specifically made a scene from Moby-Dick novel by Herman Melville to show the interaction between these two subjects. The image went to on their website as their main banner.

I used Blender for modeling the ocean, splashes and ocean spray with liquid simulation. The texturing was something that I specifically did in #keyshot11 with the 3D painting function to paint all the foam around the whale. (In addition to the bloody water and scars on the whale skin).
In my exprience it was an absolute delight to be able to paint textures directly in keyshot. People usually ask  why didn't you use substance painter to paint the textures? The reason for that is the device 3D file was provided by the client and it was modeled in Solidworks. The greatest thing about 3D paint tool is that it allows you to paint on nurbs based models as well without needing to do UV unwrapping. Specially nurbs based model which get a bit more complex, are almost impossible to unwrap. ( Hemingwrite body aluminum was created with this specific tool to make imperfections in the best way)

The Ernest Hemingway Freewrite signature edition aka "Hemingwrite", pays homage to the most iconic literary personality of the last century. The hemingwrite is an official limited release in collaboration with the Ernest Hemingway estate. I created a hand-polished aluminum chassis and green keycaps as it's designed on the product. The device also includes Hemingway's official signature.

The black device is called Gen3.

Let me know what you think about these. Hope you like them!

Hossein Alfideh

Gen3

Josh3D

Love it. As a writer, I absolutely just love this. I think you've captured both the design and the essence of Hemingway with these renderings. Excellent work.

Will Gibbons