F360 subfolders not respected in Keyshot ?

Started by hve, June 16, 2022, 02:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hve

Hello,

I've got a file with lots of subfolders and it's not easy to work with as Kesyhot doesn't seem to respect the subfolders. This is strange as in some cases it seems to work and in other no, is there something I can do so I have all the files in the right subfolders from F360 ?

thanks,

Hans

Will Gibbons

Quote from: hve on June 16, 2022, 02:41:01 AM
Hello,

I've got a file with lots of subfolders and it's not easy to work with as Kesyhot doesn't seem to respect the subfolders. This is strange as in some cases it seems to work and in other no, is there something I can do so I have all the files in the right subfolders from F360 ?

thanks,

Hans

Folders? I'm not familiar with that workflow. Are you referring to assemblies/sub-assemblies? If so, that's something you can make KeyShot respect. As long you've converted bodies to components, you can nest components creating a structure that's quite tidy. Not sure if this is helpful.

hve

Thanks Will ,

seems I don't use F360 as it should then for this project. Sorry the right name isn't Sub folders but Groups inside the bodies folder, like you can see here, I think I should rather use components instead of doing like I do right now. I will try to make components out of each element then but it would have been great if Keyshot could respect these groups in some way.

thanks,

Hans

Will Gibbons

Ah, yes. I think this 'folders' thing is just kind of cosmetic, so you can organize parts, but it doesn't actually create any parent/child relationships that a software like KeyShot would benefit from... Like the folders are not data written to the CAD file, just part of F360's UI.

hve

Thanks Will, yes I'll use only components in the future then :)