New Medical Illustration with Keyshot

Started by wayneheim, July 27, 2022, 06:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayneheim

Chris, here you go. I went ahead and squished the pattern up a bit and made it a bit thinner. Getting closer.

Wayne

mattjgerard

Well dang people! Wayne, looks like I might owe someone a dollar! Nice!

wayneheim

Haha thanks Matt. You can just PayPal me. Haha

gracecab

Hey thanks Wayne and fanclub.  Seriously this is great to begin to use the braintrust of the forum and talent and everything.  I got out my fishing pole for some reimbursement for the help so lets see if i can obtain some $$ from my higherups.  I did get a verbal ok that it is valuable for us which it is.  Anyways, I also have a favor i only have KeyShot 9.3 so if you can save down that would be how I can use this.   I need to also justify updating to the latest which I'm guessing would be a good call at this point.... anyway...Short story long

wayneheim

Chris, don't think you can save down to an older version. I can show you the node set ups and you can reset it up in 9... if 9 supports geometry node. I would definitely consider upgrading. Don't remember. Side note, you can also do it with fuzz. For fuzz you only need a single sided shape and you set the opacity of the surface to 0 (use a black mask- vertex color node set to black). Surface color will then be defined by the fuzz node. Length of fuzz will define thickness of layer.

Wayne

mattjgerard

Dang wayne, I"m bookmarking this one. I hope I need it at some point, this is pretty cool stuff.

Eric Summers

This is pretty neat! 8) I have to bookmark it too!

KristofDeHulsters

I think you're probably one of the 1% of users who makes medical/anatomy renders with Keyshot. Really cool!

wayneheim

Kristof, it is actually gaining traction in the field.Even one of the University programs in medical illustration teach it now. But yes it's not exactly what it was designed for but I love it.