Author Topic: New Medical Illustration with Keyshot  (Read 996 times)

Offline wayneheim

Re: New Medical Illustration with Keyshot
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2022, 04:59:43 pm »
Chris, here you go. I went ahead and squished the pattern up a bit and made it a bit thinner. Getting closer.

Wayne

Online mattjgerard

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2022, 06:16:33 am »
Well dang people! Wayne, looks like I might owe someone a dollar! Nice!

Offline wayneheim

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2022, 07:10:35 am »
Haha thanks Matt. You can just PayPal me. Haha

Offline gracecab

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2022, 10:21:42 am »
Hey thanks Wayne and fanclub.  Seriously this is great to begin to use the braintrust of the forum and talent and everything.  I got out my fishing pole for some reimbursement for the help so lets see if i can obtain some $$ from my higherups.  I did get a verbal ok that it is valuable for us which it is.  Anyways, I also have a favor i only have KeyShot 9.3 so if you can save down that would be how I can use this.   I need to also justify updating to the latest which I'm guessing would be a good call at this point.... anyway...Short story long

Offline wayneheim

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2022, 10:50:40 am »
Chris, don't think you can save down to an older version. I can show you the node set ups and you can reset it up in 9... if 9 supports geometry node. I would definitely consider upgrading. Don't remember. Side note, you can also do it with fuzz. For fuzz you only need a single sided shape and you set the opacity of the surface to 0 (use a black mask- vertex color node set to black). Surface color will then be defined by the fuzz node. Length of fuzz will define thickness of layer.

Wayne
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 12:21:59 pm by wayneheim »

Online mattjgerard

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2022, 05:54:34 am »
Dang wayne, I"m bookmarking this one. I hope I need it at some point, this is pretty cool stuff.

Online Eric Summers

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2022, 09:43:48 am »
This is pretty neat! 8) I have to bookmark it too!

Offline KristofDeHulsters

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2022, 06:05:00 am »
I think you're probably one of the 1% of users who makes medical/anatomy renders with Keyshot. Really cool!

Offline wayneheim

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2022, 05:06:15 pm »
Kristof, it is actually gaining traction in the field.Even one of the University programs in medical illustration teach it now. But yes it's not exactly what it was designed for but I love it.