How do I get my camera inside a room scene?

Started by king_kenny, December 12, 2011, 12:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_kenny

Im relatively capable with KS (product renders) but I now want to knock out some interior renders - but so far I am struggling to get my camera effectively inside the building.... as I zoom in I seem to get 'stuck' inside the walls...

Also getting a natural perspective is very tricky too....????

Any tips?

king_kenny

Crap -Im new to the forum - i have noticed I have posted thins into materials!!!! Can anyone relocate it for me?

PhilippeV8

You need to try to Ctrl+Alt RightClick an interior side of a wall, then zoom ... you should be able to zoom right in.
Gotta warn you though .. it's hard to get the lighting right with interior scenes ... mostly you'll have to cut away all of your building that is behind the camera to get optimal lighting.

rkulshrestha

Paint your wall differently, then click hide part. Enter the room and show all parts, Your camera is in the room.

Sketchup allows you to put different materials on both sides of a surface. So on a ceiling I would draw a circle, color the top transparent and from under it would be ceiling material. SU then allows light to come in to the interior. Havent tried rendering this in KS, just a thought on how to bighten up interiors