Main Menu

Render Passes

Started by Zander85, January 24, 2012, 07:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zander85

I cant believe animation came before adding render pass functionality. You'd think that a render app would prioritize rendering over animation. Don't get me wrong. I think the animation is great, but it is difficult to create nice looking animations without the ability to generate render passes. I would love to able to render my shadows and reflections on their own and then compile them together in After Effects. Relying on Photoshop to composite nice renders is not sufficient for me. I hope these features are added soon. I don't want to sound like I am bashing. I love the software and Luxion staff. Just really need these features. Thanks guys.

-Zander

KeyShot

Zander85

Excellent! You guys are doing an amazing job of keeping in touch with your users. We can always count on you guys. Bye the way there are ways to get render passes but there extra steps that you need to do to get what you are after. If anyone needs help with work-a-rounds for render passes let me know. I have already figured out how to make render passes for reflections, shadows and other bits. I'd be happy to share my work-a-round techniques if anyone needs it while we wait for these features.

Thanks,

-Zander  8)