If I buy v1.9 now...

Started by hdstudio, May 10, 2010, 08:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdstudio

If I buy v1.9 now...what will I pay when v2.0 is released for an upgrade?  I recently discovered KeyShot and was never a HyperShot user.  I'm just trying to decide whether to jump into KS v1.9 now or wait.  Hopefully, there are some incentives for new users to commit now.

Liking the results that I am getting with the trial version, so far.  Improvements for v2.0 are even more appealing.

guest84672

If you buy now you will get KeyShot 2 for free.

rkulshrestha

hdstudio

I'm guessing that they are not ready to reveal a date, but maybe they could ball park it?

guest84672

We will release in May. May 2010 that is.

Speedster

QuoteInsert Quote
We will release in May. May 2010 that is

Hey, it's already May!  Whatcha waiting for?  Sounds exciting!
Bill G

JohnG

So will Keyshot 2 be free to all existing Keyshot users or will it be a paid upgrade?

nfx

He probably means 31th of May 2010

Techincaly still may but not really lol

Its almost half of month gone release it if you have it

guest84672

1/3rd and yes May means anywhere between May 1 and 31. We will release it when it is ready!

nfx

Well Bunkspeed Shot may release faster ;)

Speedster

As my mom used to tell me: "Everything in its perfect time", and "You can't force a rose to bloom".
Bill G

hdstudio

I want to run natively on Mac OSX and it sounds like Bunkspeed will be Win-only for a while.  Hopefully, KeyShot v2 will play nicely.

guest84672

@Speedster - Mom knows best.

@hdstudio - KeyShot already runs on Mac OS X. Has been for over 3.5 years. It works great.

As far as BS goes - correct.

hdstudio

Yes Thomas, I am running the trial copy on my Mac now.

I was reading this on the Bunkspeed forum (about delayed OSX upgrades):

From Bunkspeed HyperShot user:  "...I am however making a number of assumptions based on what I have read on your site and on this forum. And this is where I am looking for corrections and further information:

- Shot is being released sometime in 2010?
- The beta of Shot is coming in the first half of 2010?
- The beta of Shot will NOT include a Mac OS X version?
- We will not see an OS X version of Shot before 2011 at the earliest?...."

Bunkspeeds response:  Andreas,
I will grant a bit of insight and say that you have pretty much hit the nail on the head.  The answer is pretty much yes to all of your questions above. You know it is not a good practice to mention dates because there are always snags that arise and push back the dates. But...

The "target" schedule is to have an alpha version out to our beta group by the end of this month so that we can try to have the public beta (for which more than 3,000 have registered for now) out by the end of next month. "IF" all goes well, we are attempting a target release in June or July. This is all theoretical and targeted, not a promise.

As for the osX release, that is still up in the air and I have no estimation of release schedule on that. Macs only make up a small, single digit percentage of our market and we have to get this out to the masses as quickly as possible. We have the full court press on the development of the Windows version and will address osX after wards.

This may drive a few people away for the time being but we intend to release an app that will bring them back when the timing is right.

Thanks for your honesty and understanding.

Leon Carpenter - Bunkspeed Ambassador

leon@bunkspeed.com

hdstudio

[the reason for previous post]...

I am not a user of either the Bunkspeed or Luxion products, but it is looking like I may be soon.  I am reading both forums closely and making an educated guess at who will best support my needs, into the future.

Needs include:

-Native operation in Mac OS
-SketchUp import
-Rhino import (still waiting for their final Mac product)
-3d Connexion support
-Wacom Cintiq UI consideration (some functions in v1.9 are not)

So far, KeyShot is looking like it will meet my needs better than BS Shot.