Any interior or exhibit designers using KeyShot?

Started by hdstudio, May 12, 2010, 08:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff Stanton

Hi Francois,
I would agree that as in real photography good exposure indoors will almost always give over exposed image where the outdoors is visible assuming sunny day, but I do like the way that HDR and keyshot can give an unnatural therefore eye catching image. The viewers mind even if not educated on lighting would not be aware the pupil in the eye adjusts as you scan the room in real world and on seeing the images you have uploaded would percive those as unnatuarly bright. So I guess the thing you have pointed out and what we should all bear in mind is that we can achieve both in keyshot, the choice is which effect is the most desirable for our purposes, thanks for all the examples I enjoy reading your posts!
regards
Cliff

noelleon

Hi there I'm also interested in getting the juice out of Keyshot for interior rendering, this is a scene I've been working on. I think the main challenge it's to illuminate closed spaces and like others  said you have to remove the celling to let the light do it's job.
Sometimes I get black spots on the wall or white ones behind frosted glass, maybe higher settings could solve this.
Still a work in progress any tips are welcome.

greetings

Seghier

i test interior scenes in keyshot but always many grain after many hours

noelleon

Have you tried advanced settings? I first tried in max time and samples but got always the same grainy texture.

Seghier

yes i tried advanced settings but take more time to render

junior

I always have more luck with large windows and a deliberately grainy look.
Also a sun HDRI that renders sharp shadows helps.

noelleon

guest84672

Looks very good. The new lights in KeyShot 4 will make those under-cabinet lights much better.

ivansuisse

My personal try for interior renderings... only emitter material for lighting

DriesV

Looks great!

What material (samples) and render (bounces, time/sample/advanced mode...) settings did you use?
How long did it take to render on what type of machine?

Dries

ivansuisse

Tank you!

So... the material are: emitter for the light (cool and warm color for different effect, and different intensity) then NO HDRI light (that's for more atmosphere in the scene)
Setting of the matierial are all "plastic" and "paint" whit textures added, diffuse, specular, bump map. But no samples increment
43 minutes rendering at this resolution
Whit all the parameters in middle position... 49 samples, 16 bounces, anti aliasing 5, shadow 3, global 3, ecc...

Coputer: intel core i7 2600 3.4GHz 8GB RAM, Widows 7 64 bit

Sorry for the languages error... i m from Switzerland

Ivan

DriesV

Depending on the scene composition (e.g. whether there are windows in view with bright light coming in etc.) I find it very hard to get absolutely clean images (no splotches, no grain where there should be none...) using the advanced rendering mode.

Image quality is much more consistent and predictable using realtime rendering or time/sample limit rendering, but it takes a very long time to become 'clean'.

I notice that it is sometimes impossible to get clean images with advanced rendering, even with GI @ 5 (max.), especially with interiors.
Or, I must be doing something completely the wrong way. :D Any advice is welcome...

Dries

DriesV

I just did this one. Model is from grabcad. Lighting is desaturated outdoor HDRI with strong pin light (placed over sun) and emissive spheres in those ceiling light fixtures.
Took about 1.5 hours.

Dries

ivansuisse

The good thing is the setting time of the scene (camera, textures, material, lighting..) very quick.
I mean, normally I use Vray for the interiors, and every time I have to re-render the scene... or every time I adjust color, textures or something I use many time, and time is money (specially in this work).

I think in my case I don't see many grain or splotches...
more light enters in the scene, better able is the program to calculate the bounces of light and then the image will be better, does not have to be brighter but  with multiple light sources from which to get information... this is my method ;-)

Ivan

ivansuisse

This is an old try for interiors in Keyshot3... same settings, (ok the image is little  :) )
still no HRDI only emitter materials