Any interior or exhibit designers using KeyShot?

Started by hdstudio, May 12, 2010, 08:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alal0023

Hey Tim!

Thank you for the tips and for taking the time to work on the scene as well. I did my own version as well. Still a few things to tweak...lights, a few materials:the table, the wall tiles. I also noticed there is something wrong with those IES lights...but apparently, when I exported from maya as .igs it changed the size. I don`t know why, but this always happens to me. There should be a setting I just don`t do right. I am working now on the improvement of the image as well. I did not know the materials should be set to have 32 samples, but it works only on a few materials. I also use the template materials and tweak them a bit.
Do you use keyshot pro? Maybe there are different setting for the materials there. Also, do you make yourself every materials starting from the same base?

Cheers!
//Alex

feher

Hi Alex,
Here the final I was doing. I added a few props...lol I found the models here:
http://archive3d.net/?category=25&page=145

For some reason my ceiling has some noise, I need to tweak the material.
This was a lot of fun.
My door is always open.
I would add the ies lights in Keyshot not maya.
Also when importing into Keyshot I would have the size set on original not automatic.
Tim
How do I add a ksp file ? everytime I try to load it, it times out.

alal0023

Hi Tim,

Maybe the Keyshot file is too big, check the size. I uploaded mine with the attachements, as the jpeg file. How did you do the wall tiles material? I tried a lot, but did not work at all... I would love to look at your ksp file if you could upload it. Meantime I reworked some of the scene as well.

//Alex

edwardo

Looks great! Can I ask, are you using the 'indirect bounces' setting? Also, what happened to the table in Tims shots, its gone all tessellated.

Ed

feher

Hi Ed,
I have the indirect setting at 3. I also have global illumination turn off. I usually do not have that turned off but for some reason it didn't work with this set up.
Alex
If I can get your maya file so I can do this from scratch then I will be able to see if something need to be changed when its imported.
Tim

How do I upload the KSP file I try to attach it but it just times out. The KSP is only 10MB

edwardo

You had GI off? interesting... this may be the key to all my interior failings since playing about with KS5. Thanks for letting me know.

Ed

G.Pizzo

Tim,

Nice work, I like how you held the detail in the lights, and your materials are realistic, the reflections off the wall and floor are what makes it. Nice twist by adding props to break the sterileness . It's inspiring to see your work outside of automotive imagery, it shows your true 3D image artistry.

GP

alal0023

Hi Tim,

I tried to upload the obj file, but it did not work, you can download it from here: http://we.tl/ssGDphZFyQ. If you want to, you could share the KSP file the same way. I used my email address at both sender and receiver field and copied the link from my inbox.

Hi Ed,

The table in Tim`s file is polygon pixelated because I forgot to smoothen the geometry. Sometimes, it works to export to keyshot with the visual smoothness ( key 3 in Maya) but sometimes it does not work, as in this case.

//Alex

feher

Alex thanks for the model. Here is a link for the KSP it will have the textures I made for the floor and walls.
http://we.tl/sVPsBMYFQP
I will work a new file and see if I have any difference between the two. I'm hoping so the KSP I just gave you took 20 hrs to render. I have never rendered anything that long on my I7 ...lol
Tim

alal0023

Tim,
What Keyshot version are you using? I have 4.0 Pro and cannot open your file.

//Alex

feher

Oh no...now that's an issue. I'm using KS 5.1.57
I will have to redo this all in KS4 for you. Give me a day or two.
Tim

alal0023

Looks like I am a bit behind with the updates. I will try to install the pro version 5.1.57 trial and render with the keyshot watermark, just to have a look at the file, if possible.