Fun with Animation

Started by Chad Holton, January 28, 2012, 02:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Holton

This was created using 2 videos and then blending them together. It's a little jumpy after uploading to youtube  >:( , I may try uploading it again...

I used real-time, 3 minutes per frame on my i7 desktop - 8 cores seems puny these days  :'(

br3ttman

Very Nice ;)  I gotta pony up for the animation package this year!

That's a cool "floor" effect as well.  Can you tell us about it?  My guess would be an all white background and a ground plane with a texture stack-up of a color and bump map using .png files with some transparency(?)

Chad Holton

Thanks, br3ttman!  :)

The floor was created like you are saying along with a white label with a hole in the middle. This was used to control the specular value.

Ed

Chad Holton

Thanks, Ed!   ;)
I'm wondering now if the video should have been made in reverse.. saving the cutout towards the end as the grand finale?   :D

Ed

Naw :)   With video you've got just a few seconds to grab attention.  Put the good stuff up front!

As I experiment with these kind of short animations I realize there is a lot more to it than just making stuff move.  Overall composition is very important - it's like making a 15 second TV commercial.

Ed

CAClark

That's pretty nice, and i think the whole/cutaway/whole is the good way to go.

Oh, and shut up about puny! my Q6600 is much more in the puny category LOL

Cheers!