Main Menu

1923 TT Work Truck

Started by feher, January 31, 2012, 05:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

First let me say our very own Bill Gould better know around here as Speedster does AMAZING 3D modeling. His attention to detail is second to none. If you get any of his models from Turbo Squid
http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=gould&x=0&y=0 it will be well money spent. Ever detail is covered in his models. I know purchasing models can be risky sometimes not knowing exactly what your going to get. But with Bill's models you can rest a sure you will get everything modeled, no texture maps for the details. Bill  models the details in. Money well spent on the quality of models you will get from Bill.

Here I did an image of the 1923 TT Work Truck. It's not exactly as you would see one from that time period. For example I used a nickle Rad surround in that time it would have been black. Also I paint the wood around the bed of the truck that should have been varnished Oak. Also the red rings around the lamps should have been nickle or black. The good thing is that this is CGI and I can change that at a moments notice without having to spend a arm and a leg.  ;)
I went with a washed out look, it just felt right for this image.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
Thanks Bill for making my life easier. Better the mode,l the better I look.  :D

3D model created by Bill Gould.
HDRILightStudio for the lighting
Keyshot 3 for rendering
Photoshop for background creation and post.

Enjoy
Tim

KeyShot

Ed

Really well done.   As usual, your backplates are excellent.

Ed

PhilippeV8

This is probably the best such render yet.  Great job !

Imz

Cool collaboration- nice work!

Speedster

Hey Tim- as my favorite Montana uncle used to say "you done gooood"!  This is so neat to see my work through another's eyes!
Bill G

br3ttman

Terrific composition! Nice re-interpretation of color, materials and finishes.  As you mention, they may not be 100% authentic. However, they're quite evocative and celebrate a rich design heritage. Very inspirational!

guest84672

Awesome image, and awesome to see how the community is working together.

feher