Camera Pivot Coordinates

Started by shamblingcat, February 02, 2012, 01:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shamblingcat

Are there any plans to add the ability to manually enter pivot coordinates? I would like to create a series of renders from the same exact camera angle but the objects are different sizes. Because of this the camera location is always slightly different.

I don't want to put all the models in the same keyshot file because each one is fairly heavy on its own and having more than 3 or 4 creates problems.

guest84672

What kind of problems does it create?

You can remove all geometry after you set up the camera angles and use it as a template for all your product shots.

shamblingcat

It slows the system down, crashes when opening/saving files, etc.

The camera angle(s) will inevitably change as a project moves along. I don't want to create a new template and re-import all the variations every time it does. I just want to pull up the other files, enter the new coordinates and be done with it.

guest84672

Are you on KeyShot 2 or 3? We have improved the performance when working with multiple models dramatically.

Are Distance, Azimuth, and Incline not enough parameters in order to tweak the camera to your liking?

shamblingcat

For the time being I am still running version 2.

Distance, Azimuth, and Incline only define the camera's position relative to the pivot point. There's no way to accurately pan the camera around