turntable - translation - rotation - ... ?

Started by PhilippeV8, February 10, 2012, 01:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

I am currently going trough the turtorial movies on the main site and watching these, I was wondering if there would be motions added to that list ... especialy watching the rotation, a nice red spring is in view a lot of the time ... what if you want to animate spring compression ?  I suggest adding "scale" to the list ;)

PhilippeV8

I am very excited though about the camera movement ... ease in & out is something I was missing soooooooooo hard in 3D Via Composer (which I was using so far).

PhilippeV8

I am currently testing "animation" with a time limited trail.  Already I am missing the "scale" animation option.  Is this on the list for anytime soon ?
50% of the animations I have to make are about sun-screens and there is no resonable alternative to making it go up/down than to use scale to stretch the plane that represents the tissue of the screen.

guest84672

PhilippeV8

I'm thinking of another one ... OPACITY.

Can this be done in KS ?

In 3D Via composer (which we are soon to replace with animation in KS) I use it a lot.  However, I don't like it much there because to make a part appear/disappear, if you use "opacity", while the part is 50% visible, you can see its "interior structure" ... at best, making an object (like a screw or a bolt or ...) appear, should look like a 2D overlay image fading in ... if you get what I mean ...

Can this be done ?  Or will we have to render separate animations and then overlaps them in video software ?

guest84672

Right now it can't be done since you can't animate materials. Nor do we have an opacity slider for materials. Again, it is on the list of things to do.