Honda Fit Camera animation test

Started by jbeau, January 26, 2012, 04:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeau

Just a quick animation test with a couple of cuts testing KS3.

Ed

Nice jbeau !  Like to know more about the background.  Is it a photo projected onto geometry?

Ed

jbeau

Yup, its a spherically projected low dynamic range image of the HDR on to geometry. I modeled the environment to control the stretching and perspective issues that happen from flattening in KS.

Ed

Cool - Nice parallax 3D effect there. 

I'm experimenting with KeyShot animated subjects with 3D backgrounds created (not photo based) in After Effects.  No problem if the camera is stationary, but getting an artificial background in AE to track the KeyShot camera is a challenge.  Would be neat if KeyShot animated camera data could be brought into AE.  I have a couple of ideas, but time to experiment is scarce. :'(

Ed

jbeau

Max has a tool that autotracks transform info to AE with a live link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A83av3s3Isg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Look at the 12:00 mark.

Similar to HDRlight live. All that's missing is FBX to KS, just bake a freecam and go...I've tested this numerous times to KS, but it's never worked. It would be nice to animate with Craft and bake straight to KS and fine tune with AE or other state set passes that aren't available in KS. I want a Zbuffer shader please:)

guest84672

Zander85

Awesome renders. I like your shots. I think some sort of smoother transition between the shots would really make this vid look awesome.

jbeau

WIP of KS previews with cuts comped.

guest84672

Very cool - can't wait to see the final animation.