Error code 1 after sequence rendering...

Started by alfio72, February 24, 2012, 06:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfio72

Good morning,
I will run into a problem when rendering a sequence of frames.
At the end of the render of the sequence shows the following error: "Could not create the animation video files! Error code 1"

Occurs only when adding a job to the render queue.

I would make only a sequence of 32 bit TIFF, and no video.

The problem does not occur if I render a sequence of JPEG.
For all other formats have the same problem.

Can you help me?

Thanks ...

Chad Holton

Good morning,

You cannot use EXR or TIFF 32 for the frames when encoding a movie. You'd want this file type for editing the frames and encoding later.  ;)

alfio72

Ok, but this problem occurs only when I put the job in the queue, if I directly start the render does not happen.

I have to render a single frame, for example the number 2, I have an animation in the scene and I need just a single frame.
How can I do this? If I position the timeline to frame 2 and then run a job of a single frame, it will always render the frame 0.

There is a solution to this?
thanks

Chad Holton

Under Time range, in Animation options, choose "Frame range" to render out certain frames.

alfio72

Thank you,
I knew, the problem is that when I render in animation mode, it turns out the error that I described to you earlier ...

I attach a picture to show the setup of the render:
As you can see from the pictures I would just like to make a sequence of frames and not a video but it seems that attempts to encode the video ...

soheilom

I am having exactly the same problem...NOBODY HAS THE SOLUTION FOR THIS?? This is frustrating   >:(
Please Help, I cant believe such a good software can have such a BIG BUG
Is there no solution for this??

Chad Holton

Quote from: soheilom on August 30, 2013, 01:39:24 AM
I am having exactly the same problem...NOBODY HAS THE SOLUTION FOR THIS?? This is frustrating   >:(
Please Help, I cant believe such a good software can have such a BIG BUG
Is there no solution for this??

What version of KeyShot are you using exactly? You can find this under Help>About.

Chad Holton

There's been an update since. Just go to Help>Check for updates. Based on the issue above, even when getting the error code, you will still be getting the frames. Are you not getting frames or what are you needing exactly?

toffmon

has anybody found this solved? i had exactly the same problem, wanted to render 3 scenes over the weekend, come back monday to find, its done squat and i lost quite alot of render time now, that it error'd out.

running 4.1.35 ...

Claus Jensen

You should not use TIFF32/EXR when also creating a movie. Our movie creator does not support these formats.
You should use JPEG/PNG when you also create a movie. You can also choose to just create the frames and then use another program for compiling the frames into a movie.
The bug that allows you to queue a rendering with an output frame type of TIFF32 and then later create a movie has been fixed in 4.2 (to be released in the near future).

toffmon

i am actually encountering this problem when doing a run in jpeg ...

.. ohwell, i'll work around it :)

guest80829

Currently Running version 4.1 and also having this issue in Render Queue with PNG frame and no video selected.
I have contacted support before and they said they were not able to duplicate this problem. "It should just move on to the next render job even with the video checked off".

To test this i left the video option ON and still got this error after every job on the queue.

This is a big draw-back for us as we are continuously running multiple renders throughout the day and would like to run all nighters with out it being interrupted.

I tried re-installing the software but still having the same issue.

Chad Holton

Quote from: 3DSP on September 20, 2013, 12:51:33 PM
Currently Running version 4.1 and also having this issue in Render Queue with PNG frame and no video selected.
I have contacted support before and they said they were not able to duplicate this problem. "It should just move on to the next render job even with the video checked off".

To test this i left the video option ON and still got this error after every job on the queue.

This is a big draw-back for us as we are continuously running multiple renders throughout the day and would like to run all nighters with out it being interrupted.

I tried re-installing the software but still having the same issue.

Sorry for the drawback - This bug has been fixed on the next release.