A problem that I not understand...

Started by rafita, February 25, 2012, 02:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rafita

Anyone can help me please?

Thank you
R

Pasu

I am not an expert, but I think that .dwg is only a 2d drawing file - you'll need a different file type for keyshot to open.  Hence your error 'no 3D data' - dwg is just a line drawing.   

Can you re-export your file from your 3d program as something else?  Iges, stp (step)?  Keyshot also opens many 3d programs native file formats, for example rhino and solidworks. 

rafita

thank u mate. I imported my 3Dmodel.dwg in max and then exported it in 3ds file. that's it

KeyShot

KeyShot can import .dwg files natively. If you can share your file with support we can take a look at it.

rafita

I don't belive that because I work just with AutoCAD and only in two time I had this problem. I don't know the problem (and I don't know what  you mean for .dwg file natively) but I think is a problem of solid connections.... fittings 3D basically.

guest84672

Can you please share the file so we can take a look?

rafita

I attached 3 dwg file. The real difference is between bracelet2 and bracelet3.
The bracelet2 don't work. The third work, but I try to cut the initial part of bracelet. So, I think that the problem is the different way of modeling in AutoCAD, or the different command... maybe.

Thank you for your attention.

PS: I can't post all the bracelet with all the parts because the design is not protected.