Running Keyshot off a USB Drive

Started by cash68, February 28, 2012, 01:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cash68

Hi, I work in a small design studio, with about 5 industrial designers.   When I purchased Keyshot 1, the sales guy told me it could be installed on multiple computers, as long as they were not running simultaneously.   This is how we've been operating for a year or two, and we've never had more than one rendering project happening at once.   

However, our IT guy said this is not legal, and that we need to only have it installed on one machine.  This is annoying, as then ALL the rendering work falls on ONE person, and then if that person isn't available, it can't get done.

Is there a way to install it on a USB drive?  And just run it from there? 

Thanks!

guest84672

You can't install it on a USB drive. However, KeyShot 3 allows you to deactivate the license on one machine, and activate it on another. You can do this on up to 3 machines.

cash68

Is this mentioned in the EULA?  Because everything was fine with the way things were (Keyshot 2 installed on 2 machines, never used at the same time); when we originally purchased it I was told this was okay, but it turns out that the EULA does not really word things this way.

guest84672

You can't have 2 machines activated at same time. You can have the software installed, but only one active at a time.