Simple Environment Question?

Started by newt0524, November 28, 2011, 12:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newt0524

Hey there

This may sound like a simple question to some, but I'm baffled as to how to achieve what I want.

My question is, can you adjust the height of the ground in an environment?  If so, how do you do it?

If it helps to clarify, I have my models in, environment and backplate set up.  I have adjusted the models to fit the back plate (height, perspective etc.). In order to fit the models correctly into the backplate scene, I have had to lower the models beyond the ground line. As such the ground shadows are completely wrong. Thus, can I adjust the height of the ground so it's shadows show correctly in the scene?

ANy help is greatly appreciated.

Loveless

Ed

It would be good to see a screen shot to be sure what you need, but it sounds to me like you need to Pan your scene to get the model and ground in the right position.

Move your model back so it is setting on the ground.

Hold down your middle mouse button and drag to desired position.  Model and ground will shift together and shadows will be correct.

Note - Panning does not actually move the model & ground, it's positioning the scene within your render view while the back plate remains stationary.

Ed

feher

As far as I know you can not adjust the ground. I guess I'm confused as to why you have to move your model under the ground to get your angle you want. Just hold down your middle mouse button and move your model to the desire angle. Your ground will follow.
Tim

feher

Ed I think we were typing at the same time....lol

newt0524

Awesome thanks guys!  The middle mouse button was exactly what I needed.

Thanks again, huge help and really quick!

jhiker

I don't know about anybody else but the new training videos have really opened my eyes, particularly the one on using the camera and adjusting the model in the scene. Previously I'd been trying to position the model in a scene by a combination of mouse control and moving and scaling it I now see it can pretty much all be done with the camera controls.

galnor

Hi, what do I do if using a Mac and I do not have the middle button? :-(
Thanks for your help.