Main Menu

Philips alarm clock

Started by XhopperX, February 22, 2012, 11:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XhopperX

Hi, this is one of my first renderings in Keyshot, and I would like to hear your thoughts about it :)

Ed

That's pretty damn good.  Sure you didn't post your reference photo by mistake? :)

PhilippeV8

Nice !

Something 'bout the design though ... I'd rather push a button that sais "snoozzzzzzzzzzze" than "repeat alarm" :p
(boy, i'm so bad at waking up !!!)

XhopperX

Thanks   :)

@Ed: I'm pretty sure  :P but i'll take that as a compliment  :D

@PhilippeV8: Haha, you got a point there, but maybe that kind of snooze button is just what you need to get up in the morning  ;)

Esben Oxholm

Nice!
It ended out pretty well, mads :)

feher

You're very close. I would make the numbers a emissive shader then add a hint of bloom. The black needs a little bit of gamma to bring out some shapes. Then put a slight blurr on the whole thing to make it melt into the background.
This is very impresssive for your first render.
Keep up the great work.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

EGON

Great environment! Why would anybody need an alarm clock in a hospital? Nice render though.

XhopperX

@Roargh: Thank you Esben  :) and thank you for the good advice.

@feher: Thank you for the tips, I'll try to do that  :)

@EGON: I'm not really sure what you mean. Do you think the backplate looks like a hospital? Cause it's actually a picture from a friends apartment  :P

Chad Holton

I thought the backplate was from a hospital too...  ;D
Great start!

Esben Oxholm

@Egon and Chad.
Lol
It's actually underneath my desk. The clock is standing on a subwoofer and what you see blurred in the background is a table leg and a trash bin with an old envelope, a transformer and a socket on top :)

@XhopperX: How hard do you compress the image? There's some nasty jpg. artefacts around the numbers in the display and the buttons on top of the clock.

EGON

That's amazing! I would have bet Mitt Romney 10,000 bucks that was a hospital.

designtrooper

Can I ask what resolution did you set for this image?
Because I've been having a problem which is the edge of my rendering object always look blurry...and I don't know where wen wrong...

Thanks,

Speedster

Ah, the clock sitting on a woofer says a lot- now I understand!  Back in the 1890's, some guy patented an alarm clock (actually a "Grandfather" clock) that had a "snooze" button.  All was fine until the second alarm went off, when the bed flipped over and dropped you into a pan of cold water.  So, I guess the woofer serves the same purpose?  Yikes!

Joking aside, it's a nice rendering, but I agree the backplate is a bit confusing.  I also agree about lightening up the black just a tad to bring out the form, and add a touch of bloom to the image to enhance the LED's.  Good job- keep at it and post the results!

Bill G