HDRI editor corrupted file

Started by jeffw, March 08, 2012, 05:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffw

I was pleased to see the addition of an HDR editor in keyshot_w64_3.1.26_update, but not please on
how it worked. I opened an existing scene, selected the HDR environment and edited the brightness up by .5 and
indeed the scene was brighter. I saved and closed the file and thought I would try the edited environment in another
scene. Opening a new scene however the edited environment failed to load, it just kept the old environment. I went back
and opened the first scene and the environment was total black so it failed to load there too. The edited HDR will not
open  in Photoshop saying the "file format module could not parse the file". Keyshot seems to have permanently corrupted
the environment file so I suggest that if you use the new HDRI editor you do it on a copy of the file.

JeffM

Thanks for the feedback.

I found that the likely issue is that you saved the file to .hdr rather than .hdz. Try renaming the extension to .hdz and see if that environment works again.

This is a problem in the editor as it needs to enforce saving only to .hdz, so we will address this bug.

jeffw

I changed the file extension to .hdz and now it shows up in the library and scene correctly. Thanks.
To be accurate this tool should be called hdr editor/file converter since edits only apply when converting
to hdz. It is a nice feature and that I will find useful.

guest84672

We have a fix in the next update that will force the .hdz extension to applied upon saving.