Labels Disappearing

Started by marksangwine, March 09, 2012, 01:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marksangwine

I have created a BIP file of a valve with labels applied to glass surface

I have a 2nd BIP file of the Amplifier Body and when I import the Valve BIP the labels do not appear (I am doing it like this as it makes the amp build quicker - Ignore valves without materials applied)

Any suggestions please. What am I missing to make labels appear?

Thanks

guest84672

Double click on the glass material and see whether they are there. You may need to toggle them on/off

marksangwine

Thomas

Found the following. The Valve was modelled with a scale of .069
The Amp opened up with a scale of .014

The Valve BIP inserted correctly (same size). As you suggested opened up the glass and checked the labels were still there. Selected one and repositioned, Came in huge.
Reloaded Amp and changed to .069 then inserted valve. Labels did still not appear but repositioned and they were at the correct scale to the valve

Please could you advise the correct method for this to work correctly? Valve loads with labels visible and in correct position

Thanks

m2tts

This sounds like another instance of the need for KeyShot to use real-world units. Bringing in different models into a scene should not have to be a guessing game about scale. Everything should come in full scale; and then if it's too big or small we can play with it's scale.

Even your scene position tab scale is schizophrenic. XYZ scales will all read 1.0, but then the main scale slider below reads things like 0.014.

Chad Holton

Hi Mark,

You will have to scale the label down and probably reposition as well, for now.