Porsche GT3rs 4.0 in downtown LA

Started by mmmster3d, March 30, 2012, 12:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmmster3d

my latest render, all suggestions welcome.  included a pre-post shot.

I feel like it still looks fake :( any input is appreciated in terms of making it look more realistic overall. 

Speedster

Sweet!  Super lighting and reflections! Looks a tad high on the left-rear?
Bill G

mmmster3d

as far as positioning?  very possible.  my biggest irk with the positioning is that it looks like its going to drive right into the lampost now!! Of course I realized this after 6 hrs in photoshop :P

guest84672

It is great! Positioning - yeah maybe a bit off, and the perspective is not quite right either. But overall very sweet!

Ed

I like it a lot, especially the paint color.  The only things I see are that the tail lights don't seem to be on, the wheel blur seems a little excessive, and the ground shadow seems a little dark & sharp.  Great work - let's see more!

Ed

Speedster

Is the final image background a backplate or part of an overall Photoshop comp?  If all in PS, you might try hiding the stunning Porsche and saving the background out to use as a backplate in KS.  It would make it a lot easier to line things up.  You can actually create two, one with straight vanishing point lines to suit, based on the road and other features.  Use that one to tweak positioning, then swap it out for the real one.  Do stick with this- it's beautiful!  Keep us posted.
Bill G

mmmster3d

Thanks guys.
Speedster, I was using a copy of the original in ks as the backplate.  I've always been so indecisive in placing the car though, I look at it too long and think I get it right but always after post I see it's off!  I like your idea of using vanishing lines on the backplate copy and will try that next, thanks!

Ed, I agree about the tailights looking kinda dead and will throw some curves on them and see how that  helps.  Can't slow down the wheels bc I actually stole them off a archived photo :P have any Of you found a good method for blurring wheels outside of photoshop? 

EGON

feher