rookie user rhinoceros+keyshot for 2 months

Started by Angelo, March 12, 2012, 12:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

hi just wanted to show you guys some of my stuff rendered in keyshot tell me what you think :)

Josh3D

Hi Angelo, you're off to a good start, just need to dial in on the look and feel a little bit. Some of it just comes off too sharp looking. Take a look at the quicktips and webinars here: http://www.keyshot.com/resources/tutorials/ - also, try using a plain color background to help with getting initial settings adjusted.

Cliff Stanton

I agree real photographs often have a loss of clarity in areas ie depth of field and bloom, and the hardest part can be matching the render to the background used. If the match is correct then the effect is enhanced, I softened the image with bloom and added depth of field to try to set this car in the background. I also changed the angle so that the car appeared parked. Lens choice is important too, a mismatch there would create angles that just don't look right. The human brain has marvelous abilities to sense surroundings, but I could easily digress so I'll stop at that point.  :D

Cliff Stanton

Angelo

thanks im gona try with photoshop once my upcoming models are done see if it improves ill post when im done :)