Main Menu

Turkey Slapper

Started by Chad Holton, May 18, 2010, 10:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Holton

The wait is over, it's finally here! Introducing the Turkey Slapper! Not only does it slap turkeys, it can also slap chickens and even your mamma. Not recommended for slapping monkeys.

Ralf-S

guest84672

Looks great - bump map is maybe a bit strong?

Chad Holton

Thanks Ralf!  ;)

Thanks Thomas! It does seem a little extra bumpy now that you mention it. I'm going to play with it a little more. Maybe add some lettering to the belts and some other stuff... loving KS!  ;)

Sam

render looks awesome Cholton, as usual!

can you define what a turkey slapper is? :-) i'm not familiar with the term (i have a vague suspision, but my idea is pretty cruel :-))

jhiker

Have you rendered the turkey yet?  ;)

Chad Holton

Thanks very much Sam! This is a turkey plucker machine. There would be rows of these mounted opposite of each other and a turkey would be dangling in between them, and this machine would slap the turkey until the feathers came off. Of course the turkey wouldn't be alive during this process... maybe...   :-[

Ha! Nice one, jhiker!  ;D

Speedster

Sounds like something Sarah Palin could use.  Sorry for the "political humor", and I hope I didn't offend anyone!  I just can't get the image of her televised press conference, standing in front of a guy shoving a turkey into a decapitation/draining machine, out of my mind. This is way more gentle!
Bill G

guest84672

rkulshrestha

Hi,

How did you get that slightly grainy fibreglass effect where the light shines on the green? Its beautiful!!

Shivani

guest84672

Apply an image as a bumpmap ...

Chad Holton

Bill G - You're on to something.... these could be installed in Washington at every entrance/exit... it may slap some sense into 'em.

Thanks, Shivani! Let me know if you would like more instructions on how to get this look.

Speedster

Quoteit may slap some sense into 'em.

Hey, it is called a "Turkey Slapper"!  This has got to one of the strangest threads I've seen on a forum!  Gotta laugh once in awhile!
Bill G

rkulshrestha

Hi Cholton,

Yes I would really like to know how you got that effect. The smooth shiny ones are easy, but I couldnt figure this one out

Thanks
Shivani

Chad Holton

Shivani,

Here are the settings I had used for the material. I usually do this with the "metallic paint" material type, as it is faster. Keep in mind if you use the "general" material type, that you have to use an actual normal map. Anyhow here's a screenshot - of course the round surface along with the environment, really helps the "look".

I also wanted to try caustics out on the ground plane... thanks Thomas!  ;)