Keyshot used with a Slave machine?

Started by mcd, April 02, 2012, 08:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcd

Hi guys,

Wondering if you could help, do any of you use a specific slave machine simply for Rendering? Does Keyshot support slave facilities, or is it simply a case of installing Keyshot onto a high power desktop machine? To behonest, i dont full understand the concept of a Slave machine, its just something thats been mentioned to me?

Reason? We are running a Dell 6500 and Dell 6400 laptop both installed with Keyshot 3. The 6500 creates far better renderings than the 6400. So im guessing graphics cards and machine power effect what Keyshot can output?? To that end the choice is:

1. Get another 6500
2. Get a beast of a desktop machine purely for rendering and take the work of laptops and gain better renderings to boot?

Please can anyone advise on this? Or point me in the direction of a vendor who can help?

Cheers

Mike

guest84672

Mike - there is no difference in quality in the final images, only a difference in time on how long the individual image takes to render. The graphics card has no effect since KeyShot is using CPUs only for raytracing.

If you want to connect the 2 machines, then we can offer Network Rendering. This will further decrease the time it takes to render out images.

I hope this helps.

Thomas