Animation Feature List

Started by caden2010, April 02, 2012, 09:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caden2010

Hi there,

I am having great difficulty with the animation list on the left hand side of the animation window. I spend time adding animations into folders to keep things neat and tidy, following the time line making it much easier for me to see the order of the events.

When I am happy with the order etc I file expecting that, when I re-open the BIP, all will be how I left it. This is not the case. The folders have been re-ordered in an arbitrary manner which I find exasperating!

Please tell me what I am doing wrong or if there is a setting/switch to ensure that the animation tree is left how I want it and not how KeyShot thinks I want it!

Speedster

It's  KeyShot thing.  Many of us have been asking for the same as you- just let us set up our animation against our storyboard and then leave it alone!  On complex animations you just go nuts with the reordering that occurs when you reopen the bip.
Bill G

guest84672

We will fix this once and for all in the next update. At least you can drag and drop them back into place now.

Speedster

guest84672

Spoke too soon - drag and drop doesn't work for folders. We will work on that as well.

caden2010

I am drag and dropping folders as well. It just takes time and a "dummy" folder to drop them into first. Once in the dummy folder they can be reordered by the order you drag them out of the dummy folder.

Regards,
Stuart

guest84672

Speedster

Don't forget to let us delete animates from folders without deleting the folder!
Bill G

guest84672