Network rendering

Started by lillusaur, March 09, 2012, 01:59:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lillusaur

Hello all!
Now in v3.1 network rendering seems to be available.

Is there any additional info on this available that's not in the manual? Would be interesting to try it out.

can you run the slave side on a computer that does not have a regular license installed? can only a PRO license be used as master?

Would be awesome to know, and I think more ppl are wanting to know this

PhilippeV8

puts up is hand ... I wanna know 2.

caden2010

Me as well!

This is quoted as being an "option". If we need to purchase a license is it a one off payment or is there maintenance as well. If so how much?

I was hoping that this was going to be included as standard though.

guest84672

Network Rendering is an optional add-on. Please contact sales@luxion.com for more info.

The slave can be installed on any machine. KeyShot doesn't have to be installed.

It is an option that is available for all versions of KeyShot - KeyShot, KeyShot Pro, KeyShot Pro Floating.

ohashi3d

Hi KeyShooters,

Finally the price system of Network Rendering Option is revealed :)
$15/core/year...it's simple, but I wonder how we should count the number of cores.
Is this total number of cores on both master & slave? or additional number on network slave?

For example, if I have 8cores machine as master and purchase 32cores(=$480) license,
How many cores are available for rendering...32 or 40(=8 on master + 32 on slave/network)?
My guess is 32 in this case, but just I want to clarify it.

guest84672

The Master is independent of the Slave. This means that the Master can be installed on any machine. It only distributes the content, and manages the rendering itself and the queue. If you have and 8 core machine that has the master installed, it will only use this machine if you also make it a slave. I hope this helps.

ohashi3d

Hi Thomas,

Sorry, my previous post is insufficient.
I had been thinking the situation: 8cores master machine and additional several slave machines.
Again, for example, if I have 8cores master, 32cores slave and 32cores license,
Can I use all 40cores(=8+32) or restricted up to 32cores(=8+24, 1+31, 0+32 or any combination)?

guest84672

If you set up the master machine as a slave, then you have 24 cores left that can be used on other machines.

PhilippeV8

And is a core a core or is a core a thread ?

So if I have a dual CORE with both dual threading .. I have 2 cores, but 4 threads ... how's this counting ?

PhilippeV8

So if I have 2 machines with 8 cores each and I have KS working on 1 of them vs 1 machine has master, both have slave.

If I want to use all 16 cores, for rendering instead of just the 8 .. I gotta pay for the 8 I am using already ????

guest84672

A core is a core and a core is a thread. 4 threads = 4 cores.

Network rendering is bundled in packs of 32 cores. Yes, it will count the does on your system separately, since Network Rendering is separate from KeyShot.