Main Menu

Digger

Started by bobr2000, March 21, 2012, 06:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobr2000

I'd like to present you a couple renders of one my model.
It's digger from one of old PC game.
It has been modeled in Rhinoceros and Pro/Engineer. And it's rendered in KeyShot2.

fario

cool :) bravo!

Antoine

PhilippeV8

I like the last render !  Though the perspective is too much on that one.  Also the lighting on the last one look more like an interior lighting .. if you got KS3.1 try editing the HDRI to have less saturation.

EGON

bobr2000

Thanks a lot to all.

PhilippeV8, you are right. On last render was used HDR from first one.

I try to use another HDR.

By the way there is my daughter on this image :)

PhilippeV8

Took the liberty to edit a bit ... I can send you the photoshop file so you can check what I tweaked.

bobr2000

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on March 22, 2012, 05:33:48 AM
Took the liberty to edit a bit ... I can send you the photoshop file so you can check what I tweaked.
It looks better now. Thanks. I'll be happy if you send me psd-file. My mail is bobr2000(at)gmail.com

PhilippeV8

I put the file on my USB-stick.  It's 68mb and I can't mail more than 11 from work and all upload-sites and gmail are blocked so ... I'll send it from home tonight.

I can tell you what I did:

1-made the shadow under the digger less dark ... your digger & girl are already in a shadowy environement .. notice your girl does not have shadow on the ground.
2-still adding a tiny tad of shadow under the front black part, makes it blend better
3-added something that looks like a reflection of the girl in the eye-lids of the digger
4-added sand on the wheels .. (I remember from when I used to play in the sandbox that there's ALWAYS sand collecting there in those wheel corners)
5-gave the digger a 1.4 gausian blur (notice if you zoom in, the girl has no sharp edges, yet your digger does)

So most of what I did was intended to blend it better in the scene.

Now you do it ... and remove that electrical wire on the top right  !!  ;D  ;)

bobr2000

Thanks. I think no need to send me the file in this case. I try to do the same.

bobr2000

one more time :)

guest84672

Angelo

would it be possible to make tracks on the sand from the wheels? i think that would give the reliability visual that its there. great model btw! :)

bobr2000

May be I'll try to make some tracks but not in close time. I've tired from this work yet.  :)