Main Menu

Boxed Solitaire

Started by sean1, April 03, 2012, 12:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Beautiful! 

You should consider going back to your CAD model of the case and mitre the corners, with either a split-line (SolidWorks) , a .0001 offset or something.  Then map the resulting four surfaces each a different color.  Ditto the top, just in case you show it in another view.  Then in KeyShot you can apply the stunning wood texture, but now align (angle setting) the wood grain so they come together at the mitred corners.  As an old-time woodworker, this is how it would be done, or perhaps butt-joined with dovetails.   Having said all that, I have also made cases by pocketing out solid blocks, just as you have shown.    But mitres look really cool!

Also, perhaps increase the fillet on the ring pocket just a bit to soften it up?  You may be able to apply a "variable radius fillet" depending on your modelling app. 

Just two suggestions to help you really make a work of art from this great model.

Bill G

PhilippeV8

I love solitaires ... it's like saying: "i'll just have 1 and admire it as a beautifull thing, which it is" ... rings with more diamonds are like saying "i've got the money and i care more 'bout the bling than what they look like" :p

It's like this:

vs.

EGON

I think it has too much noise for a jewelry shot.  Looks like it's in a coffin to me. I bet making a real good jewelery shot is really hard.

sean1

Thanks for the comments guys ! Bill great eye for detail .
I went back to model for a redo . Still need some work on the ring pad .

CAClark

I am noticing a problem here that I have had as well, with distracting regular patterns in the noise. I've been doing a Rolex watch, and have had issues with DOF causing brighter defocussed highlights especially produce this patterned noise.

Other than that, these guys have already mentioned everything I would have said :-)

Cheers!