Automotive pre-render for products presentation

Started by tsunami, April 06, 2012, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

Hello to all,
i would like to share this little pre.render image of an automotive presentation products work.
Body and rims are downloaded from grabcad, all the others parts are real body car parts , and made with ug nx7.5 .
What do you think about?
Thanks

Josh3D

I love this, especially the transparent version. It'll be a great presentation and would love to hear how it goes!

I will say you've got some overlap on the wheel and tire geometry. you could cut either one back a little so it's not creating that interference. That stands out the most.

Beside that, the wheels could use some tread, but I'm thinking you're not trying to draw attention to the detail on the tires.

Great work!

jhiker

Nice work but your pictures are waaaay too big. To be quite honest I didn't look at them properly because I got fed up scrolling up and down and left and right  ;)

Maybe the forum should be designed so that we see a moderately-sized preview with the option of clicking to see a full-size picture?
I'd certainly prefer it that way  :)

tsunami

Quote from: jhiker on April 10, 2012, 01:42:25 AM
Nice work but your pictures are waaaay too big. To be quite honest I didn't look at them properly because I got fed up scrolling up and down and left and right  ;)

Maybe the forum should be designed so that we see a moderately-sized preview with the option of clicking to see a full-size picture?
I'd certainly prefer it that way  :)
Yes right, my wrong way to upload pictures..sorry .
Soon i will upload new resized pictures..

tsunami

Quote from: josh3d on April 09, 2012, 07:54:52 AM
I love this, especially the transparent version. It'll be a great presentation and would love to hear how it goes!

I will say you've got some overlap on the wheel and tire geometry. you could cut either one back a little so it's not creating that interference. That stands out the most.

Beside that, the wheels could use some tread, but I'm thinking you're not trying to draw attention to the detail on the tires.

Great work!
Thanks for your comment , and yes u have reason there is some overlap on the wheel, exactly on tire geometry(i should re-model again on Ug,this is easy and quick to do).
But now i'm getting some problems adding new parts on the render model, because it's already 450Mb , and workstation is not able to manage all new added part..pff.
I?m using a certified workstation for Ug, so it has 8gb ram, intel i7 and Nvidia Quadro Graphic Card..but...it's seem is not enough for manage on keyshot render.
So do you know some trick for to make cad model really light weight?(all my models are assemblies, with a lot of parts,,like seat on 1st image).I tried also to export from Ug to Jt file, but surface model are really cheap, with low polygones.
Thanks

guest84672

There is no need to export to STEP, since we are supporting NX natively. You have a tessellation slider under the advanced tab in the import dialog that allows you to control the number of polygons.

How many cores does your machine have? One thing you may want to use is "performance mode" while assigning materials. This will make it much faster as it reduces ray bounces and turns off shadows.

tsunami

Quote from: Thomas Teger on April 11, 2012, 10:13:04 AM
There is no need to export to STEP, since we are supporting NX natively. You have a tessellation slider under the advanced tab in the import dialog that allows you to control the number of polygons.

How many cores does your machine have? One thing you may want to use is "performance mode" while assigning materials. This will make it much faster as it reduces ray bounces and turns off shadows.
Thanks Thomas, sorry but i'm newer about keyshot, my older workstation was working with Maxwell Render, so i must still improve my Keyshot render power, and all the commands.So in the import dialog i will will find a tesselation slider under advanced tab? and there is the same tassellation option for every kind of import cad mode?(like Ug Catia Alias or step and iges?)
Well my machine it has 8 cores ( i thought was a good starting....is not?).
And i will follow your suggestion regarding changing in to performance mode and not quality , while i'm assigning materials.
Well, i tried to use other import format than Ug native, because i saw there is some problems using Ug nx 7.5 native assembly part. All my Ug assemlies are made with a lot of parts (is not a unique part).Ug native has a file called "father" for assembly that, charge all the parts and make the entire assembly. If i use keyshot native ug importer for a single nx cad part, there are no problems; but if  i do the same with a big and complex assembly part i get problem.
Thanks

tsunami

Quote from: josh3d on April 11, 2012, 09:25:55 AM
The NX file is 450MB? I'd export as STEP and see if you can get a smaller file size. With KeyShot being CPU-based, the graphics card won't affect performance. KeyShot will use any available RAM.
Nope, Nx single parts are starting from 35-40Mb untill 120Mb (ug nx 6way and 4way seat are 120Mb everyone);
the keyshot file i saved is around 450Mb..
And i think the best export from Ug is in xt parasolid file...

guest84672

Yes - all the importers you mention have the tessellation slider.

I am not sure what the problem with the native importer is? Is it the fact that all parts are linked? If so, then go to the top level of the assembly inside KeyShot, right click on it, and select "unlink material".

tsunami

Quote from: Thomas Teger on April 11, 2012, 02:19:23 PM
Yes - all the importers you mention have the tessellation slider.

I am not sure what the problem with the native importer is? Is it the fact that all parts are linked? If so, then go to the top level of the assembly inside KeyShot, right click on it, and select "unlink material".
Yes Thomas, all my assemblies parts are linked (take a look on a simple ug assembly part image), this assembly cad part, it's cheap and easy only 2 models to charge; but when i have big and complex assembly part, the keyshot ug importer get problems; so i'm not able to import the assembly ug part on keyshot.

guest84672

As I mentioned above, it is easy to unlink the parts.

Despot

tsunami

Quote from: biomechanic on April 13, 2012, 12:31:10 AM
love the seat chassis...  :)
Thanks for your compliments...with keyshot render it's seem real..

tsunami

Some updates ...but still working on it