Previous topic - Next topic

prismatic

Hi
new experiments

Michael

guest84672

bobr2000

Hi. I like it.

I also usually have got a little trouble with  ground shadow like marked by arrows.
In my case I just move my objects up for a little distance and shadow became softer.

guest84672

Or increase the shadow quality in the settings tab.

CAClark

I think I have also improved this by ensuring the ground size wasn't any larger than that visible in the render.

Nice renders, with a little post work they would be even better still :)

Cheers!

feher

Very nice indeed.
Thanks for sharing. Add some drama in post and you are all set.
Tim

jhiker

Fabulous renders!
Shadows have always been something of a problem for Keyshot and, with respect,  the developers have never really nailed it. It may be dependent on where the model originates - I really don't know - there may be many 'outside influences'.
However, I do know that shadows often do not render perfectly and I usually have to faff around with the ground size, shadow quality, raising the model off the ground plane, and sometimes settling for a less than optimal camera viewpoint, etc. to make them look just right in the final render.

bobr2000

Hi, all. I've just experimented with ground shadow now and want to show result. :)

1 Snap to ground, ground size 5(min), shadow quality 1

screenshot     position                            ground size                 shadow quality
1Snap to ground51.816
2Snap to ground141.816
3Snap to ground141
4Snap to ground145
50.1 above the ground141

jhiker

Well, yes - you've lifted it a small amount, and that does help but it's a get-around, is it not?

I maintain the 'Shadow Quality' control on its own will not give error-free shadows whether it's maxed-out or not (but it will take longer to render).

The size of the ground plane also has a big influence. In these pictures the model is touching the ground.

On these three pictures the first one has SQ=1 and a ground just a little bigger than the object and the shadows are poor.
On the second picture SQ-5 and a ground just a little bigger than the object. the anomalies are still there but they are much smaller and hence less noticeable.
On the third picture SQ=5 but the ground plane is very much bigger and the shadows are awful.

Whether it's something to do with the origination of the model or Keyshot I don't know. I've no idea how many people are seeing this and whether it's the same of big stuff (like cars/furniture) as well as smaller models.
(Edit - I should have resized the pictures - apologies...)

feher

You will always have work arounds in any software you use.
There is'nt one out there that you don't have to.
I'm just saying.
Tim