Keyshot Studio Renders II

Started by Despot, April 11, 2012, 08:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Hey There

I've just realised that there is a limit of 10 attachments per post, so I've started another one - hope this is within the rules...

This is a Brent Collins mathematical model built with TopMod and Cinema 4D

Thanks for looking

J

Josh3D

Excellent once again. That's perfectly fine. Post as many images as you like :)

guest84672

feher

You made simple parts look amazing !
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Robb63

It's those little scratches that really sell these (and your others). Awesome job!!

jhiker

I'd be really interested to learn how you made those scratch maps if you're willing to share the method  :)
They look fantastic and make all the difference!

bobr2000

biomechanic
Excellent work

Quote from: jhiker on April 12, 2012, 12:51:31 AM
I'd be really interested to learn how you made those scratch maps if you're willing to share the method  :)
They look fantastic and make all the difference!
I can share my method :)
scratch bump

Despot

This is the first time i've imported a model into KeyShot complete with textures - it was a pleasantly pain free process...

Thanks for looking

J

Robb63

I think I'm quitting, I know when I'm beat!! ;D

Despot

Sorry. where are my manners !!

Thanks for the appreciative comments, its most welcome

bobr2000 : LOL, yeah thats one method  ;)...

jhiker My method is to basically source really good photographic textures of scratched metal and isolate the scratches and then create a tileable bump or normal map - one of the programs I use is CrazyBump

Despot

Quote from: Robb63 on April 12, 2012, 07:55:10 AM
I think I'm quitting, I know when I'm beat!! ;D

That made me laugh out loud mate...  ;)

guest84672

tsunami

Yes it's a fantastic work!! u done great!
But could you share your bip keyshot scene, so a lot of people (and me too) will learn more about light, material,texture etc etc setting?
That should be real helpfull to all..
Thanks

Ed

biomechanic - Excellent work!  I use CrazyBump as well.  You should do a tutorial for the KS Blog on scratch bumps.

I'm looking forward to more of your renders.

Ed

Despot

Quote from: Ed on April 12, 2012, 09:00:52 PM
You should do a tutorial for the KS Blog on scratch bumps.
You know I might just do that when I have time - or perhaps put  a couple of them up for download...

Quote from: tsunami on April 12, 2012, 03:08:59 PM
But could you share your bip keyshot scene, so a lot of people (and me too) will learn more about light, material,texture etc etc setting?
Sorry I cannot share the model / HDRI unfortunately, but I certainly dont have a problem showing some screenshots or something like that... honestly, there is nothing special about this scene at all really, I find in KeyShot, the route to a really pleasing render is using good HDRI's and materials

Oh and the 'roughness' slider is your friend  ;) ...