Anyone have a good Satin Brass?

Started by riflemano311, April 13, 2012, 07:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riflemano311

I work for a company that uses both powder coat ans well as polished or satin metal finishes.  Does anyone have a good satin brass they would like to share.  I am having a hard time getting any that I make  to look good on what we are trying to apply it to.  Thanks for any help! 

riflemano311

forgot to mention, we are using Keyshot 2 and have not updated to 3 yet.  I don't think keyshot 3 materials are compatible with 2.

Arnaud

Roughness slider isn't enough to get the required satin effect ?
In addition you can apply a noisy bump to amplify the effect

riflemano311

Hey Arnaud, thanks for the reply!  No, that is more of a copper, and the bump isn't a brushed look.  I will post what I have in a few, and give you a better idea of what I am looking for.

riflemano311

Here is an idea of what I am looking for, I would love some constructive criticism on this.

Speedster

For the absolutely best info to date on rendering products, just download the webinar at http://keyshot.com/learning/webinars/.  There is an important section on creating the "scratched" or Satin" finish you are looking for. 
Bill G

Arnaud

Here another test made with 2 different environnements
Hi used standard brass, added some roughness (0.02) and a bump (rough_normal.jpg attached)

riflemano311

Bill, The webinar was helpful, thanks for looking and thanks for your input and time!

Arnaud, I appreciate your input and time as well!

Mike