KeyShot 2012 3D Rendering Contest Guidelines

Started by Josh3D, April 25, 2012, 02:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh3D

We're kicking off another rendering contest to give you a chance to win a license of KeyShot Pro with Animation! Style and class is the theme of this years rendering contest.  We'll have two winners. One for best rendering and one for best animation. We provide the details, you provide the creativity and the stunning 3D rendering. The best rendering and best animation wins a seat of KeyShot Pro with Animation and the enduring admiration of KeyShot community! Here are all the details.

Note: If you have questions on the contest, simply reply to this thread.

KeyShot 3D Rendering Contest

What doesn't say style and class like an incredibly large timepiece on your wrist shooting the glares of the sun into people's face? This year we're rendering a watch. It can be any watch or you can use the one provided below.  Your goal? Create a captivating rendering or animation of the watch.

Criteria:

• Create a captivating 3D rendering or animation of a Watch (see file download below if a watch model is needed)
  • Rendering and/or animation must be done in KeyShot (any version)

Note: For a KeyShot trial without watermarked renderings, email license@luxion.com with "KeyShot 3D Rendering Contest" in the subject line. You will receive a 15 day license for use in the contest.

Submission:
To submit your rendering to enter the contest:

Note: In your submission it's nice to know what work went into your rendering or animation! Tell us what modeling software or other tools are used. If post editing is done, show a before and after. It's always interesting to see!

Judged on:
The submissions will be judged on three criteria:

• Realism
  • Creativity
  • Composition

Prizes:
Best Rendering: KeyShot Pro with Animation
Best Animation: KeyShot Pro with Animation

Deadline:
Saturday May 26th, Midnight PST.

Announcement:
The winner will be announced May 31st on the KeyShot blog, newsletter, Facebook page and Twitter.

File Download:
Feel free to use the .bip file of the watch model for your submission should you so desire. This is no ordinary watch model though. This comes chock full of gears, has a crown, hands, and bezel, a watchband and an ever so elegant KeyShot logo emblazoned upon the dial.

Download http://keyshot.com/files/downloads/bip/keyshot_watch.zip

Note: You may also choose to use a watch model from GrabCAD (http://grabcad.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=watch - Be sure to give credit to the creator of the model you use.)

Small Print:
Luxion retains the right to use any image or animation submitted for purposes of promotion and marketing. All rights to the image belong to the person creating the image and attribution will be given when an image is used. Additional requests for use of model or images may be requested of the user via email.

DriesV

As part of my mental preparation for this contest:
Can we add our own geometry to the scene or may we only use the provided model?

Greetings,
Dries

Josh3D

You are completely free to use any geometry you desire. You can even use your own watch model or one created by someone else. Have fun!

CAClark

Awesome, I've recently modelled two watches :-) This will be a cool contest!

Cheers!

wabbit

Professional watch designer here.

Now I have to enter.  ;D

CAClark

You are? Cool. Do you have a website with your work on?

Cheers!

JohnG

I'm not sure if its intentional or an oversight, but the Keyshot watch model posted above can only be opened in Keyshot 3.xx, so anyone with an older version can't enter, at least not with this particular model.

guest84672

You can always request a KeyShot 3 license. KeyShot 3 will not interfere with your KeyShot 2 setup.

wabbit

Can you provide the 3d model of the Keyshot watch? I would like to use some parts of it in my design.

guest84672

Copyright protection prevents us from issuing the original geometry. We can only provide the bip file.

wabbit

No problem. I spent most of last night modelling the parts I need.

Having fun with this one.
;D

Ryan Fenik

Are swf files permitted? 

If so, can you enable the ability to "Embed flash into posts" files in this forum?  Thanks. 

guest84672

J.B.

The only problem with these "competitions" is that those of us who have the older versions of Keyshot  (V 1.9.54) and could really benefit from a new seat, have no way of competing realistically with the ones who already have the newer software and therefore don't need it anyway. And of course there are those who get to finalize or add to there renderings in photoshop or some other secondary software . It really turns this "competition" lopsided.
The only way to compete on the same level would be to basically take our names down and pull one out of a hat.

JeffM

We would be happy to provide a temporary license of KeyShot 3 for you to use, just contact support@luxion.com.