Rendering - Tim M - La Magique

Started by Tim, May 02, 2012, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Design: Omega's La Magique.
Described in Luxurious Magazine as, "The legendary Omega La Magique is amongst the thinnest watches in the world, 18k gold, and known in the watch collector circles as the 'Phantom Watch' as most collectors never get to see one in person."

An amazing 2.6mm thin and a transparent dial center.  Luxurious Magazine continues with, "The opaque watch face allows you to see through the face with only the floating hands showing."

Only 261 ever made!

Also, somewhat famous from the 1983 movie Scarface

Model: PTC's Creo 2.0
Backplate: Photoshop
Rendering: 100% Keyshot (no post this time)
SEE OTHER UPDATES BELOW THIS IMAGE

Cheers,
Tim

feher

Hi Tim,
Looks very nice. Now you need that extra layer of pop to bring it all together. Would really like to see this if you decide to work on it more.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Tim

Thanks Tim - This watch is a classic and has a great story.  I hope to get some more time to spend on it.
Cheers,
Tim

CAClark

Could use some beefing up in the hands to have them attached, but a nice and elegant watch.

Cheers!

Tim

CA, I am not sure what you are trying to say.  The hands for this famous watch "float in thin air".  Actually, there are two clear disk that the gold hands are painted on.  The center is see through.  Did I miss something?

CAClark

Indeed they are on clear discs, something I just saw on Google now thy you explain it.

I was showing my ignorance of Omega watches :-)

Cheers!

Tim

Update new straps and surface for background, no backplate, and minor post.

Cheers,
Tim

Tim

This image is 100% KeyShot( other than KS and signature)

Cheers,
Tim