Video Problems

Started by edan8, May 24, 2010, 11:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edan8

Hello.
I am an ex-hypershot user and I just started with Keyshot and I can not seem to get the scroll wheel to work when I want to zoom in/out.
So far I have bought 2 different mice as I originally thought this was the problem. It still will not zoom correctly.
The only way I can use the wheel is to very quickly rotate it.  This will work about 50% of the time.  The problem when it does work is that I do not have control over how the model is positioned as it will zoom out of the frame.

I also have a problem of sometimes when I turn the model, only a small portion of the screen appears to move.  This is usually a square section about one-eight of the screen.  The only thing I can do when this happens is to wait for about 10-15 seconds for the rest of it to “catch up” or minimize and maximize the screen.

This is a brand new system.  No other problem with video or performance on any other programs.

Any ideas as to how I may correct these issues please?

Thank you.

AMD quad core
Win 7
Nvidia GeForce GTS 250, 1 gig RAM

guest84672

You know that "zoom in and out" changes the focal length? Does panning of the camera work when you press ALT + MMB? It is a mouse setting most likely, nothing else.

The other problem is a general graphics issue on Vista / 7. Has nothing to do with KeyShot in particular - other programs like SolidWorks suffer from this as well. The quickest remedy is a right click into the realtime window.

Thomas

edan8

Thank you for your answer on the graphics issue with Vista/7.  It’s good to know that there is nothing wrong with my system.

I am embarrassed to state this but I am now confused as to what is the correct procedure for zooming in/out.
My understanding was that the ALT+ mouse wheel was the correct procedure for this. 
Is this correct?
I am trying to learn the correct terms but it sound like I don’t fully understand what camera focal length means.  I will be looking this up again as it appears I may not fully understand.

The ALT+MMB only work 20-50% of the time.  I have set up a different button combination to pan.  My mouse has sideways scrolling. Could this be the problem?

Thank you again for your reply.

guest84672

Zooming in KeyShot means "changing the focal length".

Moving the camera - that is zooming in the CAD system - is done by alt + RMB. That's what you want most of the time, and then change your perspective by changing the focal length.

Sounds like the sideways scrolling is screwing things up. Definitely a mouse issue, not a software issue.

Thomas

edan8

I am a little slow sometimes but I understand my mistakes now.

Thanks again for you patients.

guest84672

No worries - that's why we are so we can help!