Autocad import

Started by greendamo, March 15, 2012, 07:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greendamo

Hi
Can any1 tell me how to get a good import of a solid model in to keyshot? I keep getting facet edges on a coin shaped model. I have tried everything to my knowledge ie the command FACETRES in ACAD set to 10 but keep getting poor results!
I am using AutoCad 2012.

Thanks in advance

KeyShot

We do support DWG import directly in KeyShot. You should be able to load your AutoCAD models directly.
Alternatively, KeyShot can import many formats such as step and iges that you can output from AutoCAD as well.

B_Rich

Quote from: KeyShot on March 15, 2012, 10:31:01 AM
We do support DWG import directly in KeyShot. You should be able to load your AutoCAD models directly.
Alternatively, KeyShot can import many formats such as step and iges that you can output from AutoCAD as well.

Is there a way to change the quality of the edges though?  I have kind of a severe case of this with my latest project:

I'm pointing out the cone of the speaker (the yellow part) and the phase plug (the black part in the middle of the cone).

I'd appreciate any info that anyone had.

B_Rich

I just ended up importing with Inventor instead of AutoCAD.  Turns out I didn't need to export from Inventor to AutoCAD, and then Keyshot.