The Future of Style

Started by Shooter, May 15, 2012, 07:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooter

Hey KeyShooters,

As you can see from the number of post i'm a newbie around here. I would like to thank Luxion team for providing a fully functional 15 day license and access to this amazing software.

My idea for this piece came from browsing all other entries. I saw that pretty much all color/material combinations have been exploited so i went the other way and created this transparent diamond material for the watch. It was very hard task to properly lit the scene and not to have blowouts, too dark background, too dark refractions and at the same time having completely visible inner pieces. Rendering was pretty slow because i had to work with 20 "ray bounces" in order to get these beautiful light interactions. At the end it took 6 hrs for the rendering to complete on the overclocked i7 2700K at 5GHz.

I personally think that maybe it isn't ticking all the boxes (it's not contemporary stylish) but the watch has a great depth and so much details, you can stair for 5-10 mins and it will never get boring (this is what matters to me most as 3D artist). It screams "futuristic" thus the name "The Future of Style"

Thank you for WATCHing :)
All the best,
Voya

JeffM

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the entry.

Josh3D

Excellent! Welcome Voya!

Josh

Shooter

Hi Jeff and Josh,

Thank you for your warm welcome. It's great to be here among so many talented and accomplished artists. I'm still in the process of learning KeyShot so expect more soon....  8)

All the best,
Voya

PhilippeV8

Shooter

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on May 15, 2012, 02:00:23 PM
ecellent render :)

Thank you Philippe, i'm glad you like it :)
Voya

Nic077A

feelstuff

Such an awsome work! would you(or any render maters with keyshot) please share some materials (video , webs , texts)to help me to learn with keyshot!Please,please!!Thanks!