Saving camera views from animated camera movement

Started by RoyWingspan, May 17, 2012, 07:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyWingspan

I'd like to be able to save a new camera view from the end result of an animation.  This way I can take that view and start a new animation from it without having to go through the previous animation. 

guest84672

Move the animation to the end in the timeline, then go to the camera tab and hit the + key. This saves the camera.

RoyWingspan

I've tried that but when I shut KsyShot down and reload it, the default position of the new camera view is the same as the beginning keyframe of the original animation view.  I checked the camera settings and the rotation, and positioning numbers are the same in both camera views, I guess this doesn't change after the camera has been manipulated by the animations.

This also reminds me that the camera animations are supressed when opening the file, which I find strange.

guest84672

We will take a look.

The camera animations will not be shown if the camera is not active.

JeffM

I can see the issue that you're having, so we will look into fixing it.

Meanwhile, you might want to use the "work area" start/stop points in the animation timeline to narrow down which portion of the animation you would like to render out. Then in the render menu, make sure to enable "work area" for the "time range."