rendering - Aldo Sapei - Full Road Steel and Black

Started by tsunami, May 18, 2012, 05:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

Here another one kind of...i hope someone like it..
Cheers

guest84672

I'd hide the environment or put in a backplate ...

tsunami

Quote from: Thomas Teger on May 18, 2012, 06:35:03 AM
I'd hide the environment or put in a backplate ...
Thomas i will follow your suggestion about it, and will post asap a new one.
However what do u think about render image ?..

guest84672

I like your choice of materials. The brush strokes are a bit strong on the links. Try and reduce the scale of the texture.

tsunami

Same environment lights, but with a backplate...so what do you think?
thx

guest84672

Very nice - except that the back plate is a tad bit too blurry to match well with the watch.

tsunami

Quote from: Thomas Teger on May 19, 2012, 06:27:10 AM
Very nice - except that the back plate is a tad bit too blurry to match well with the watch.
Thomas i tried to get focal point on the watch, but the result was not good for the watch materials..

tsunami

Quote from: Thomas Teger on May 19, 2012, 06:27:10 AM
Hi Thomas, i tried again to adjust something...could be better than before?

PhilippeV8

The thing that's going wrong here is that the photograph backplate has a set DOF.  And the "in focus" zone is there where the little dog is.

So unless you put your watch right on the same distance-line from the camera as is the dog ... you ain't gonna get this looking right with that backplate.

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on May 21, 2012, 07:41:16 AM
The thing that's going wrong here is that the photograph backplate has a set DOF.  And the "in focus" zone is there where the little dog is.

So unless you put your watch right on the same distance-line from the camera as is the dog ... you ain't gonna get this looking right with that backplate.
Hm yes Philippe...right...
i think i have 2 solutions, ...1st is to delete on postwork the little dog, so..after will be not easy to understand where the "focus line" is..because there will be only the watch..
2nd...move back the watch, untill the same little dog line alignment...but in that case, the watch will be not detailed, and not bigger view as now..
But at the moment, i would like to know, what about my watch render? what about realistic?..is not? still some wrong materials or lights?
Thanks a lot...

PhilippeV8

Your first option wouldn't work either.  Because it's not just the dog that is in focus.  The focus is realy a certain depth, not a point.  So imagine holding a string attached to your camera .. anywhere you can hold the tip of the string, there you have focus.  So it's more like the shell of a soap bubble shape, with your camera in the middle of the bubble.  Rather than a bubble around the dog in the picture.  So in your backplate you can see on the table surface, a big arc where the table top is in focus ... that's the location to put your watch.

Then for the lighting and the realness of your watch render ... looks perfect to me.

tsunami

I tried changing backplate,...because as many told there was an alignment focus problem..
Philippe..do u think this one is better than the last ?
Thanks

jhiker

It's difficult to get an overall impression because the picture is so damn big...  ;)

PhilippeV8

jhinker > if you're on Internet Explorer, you can "drag" the image to the tab-bar and release it.  It'll open just the image and fit to screen size with a looking glass to zoom in if you want real size.

tsunami > now you've got more problems then you started with :p

- mismatch of lighting (color!) object vs backplate
- uninteresting backplate
- dirty table, empty glasses, ...
- impossible watch position (if I hold mine like that over the table and release it, it'll fall flat)

Where on earth did you get that backplate ?? :p  This does NOT add to your product at all :p

tsunami

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on May 23, 2012, 01:01:37 AM
jhinker > if you're on Internet Explorer, you can "drag" the image to the tab-bar and release it.  It'll open just the image and fit to screen size with a looking glass to zoom in if you want real size.

tsunami > now you've got more problems then you started with :p

- mismatch of lighting (color!) object vs backplate
- uninteresting backplate
- dirty table, empty glasses, ...
- impossible watch position (if I hold mine like that over the table and release it, it'll fall flat)

Where on earth did you get that backplate ?? :p  This does NOT add to your product at all :p
;D....impossible watch position...you are again right Philippe... ;D..but with keyshot all is possible..
I think this was my best orrible posted.... ;)
I'm working in another one.......