Horton Retro PC Cases

Started by Chad Holton, May 25, 2010, 07:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad Holton

I had created this sometime last year and ran across it again. Some of you may have seen the fan before, well this is what it was supposed to go on. Anyhow, it's an animated gif file (so the quality will be bad). Just showing some colors I was checking out.

Richman

Great display method. Nice trick with the animated gif.  How did you achieve that?

jlowap

Nice, i like :) i think you missing a good colour combination of the deep red with a cream.

Also, maybe the camera has a little bit too much perspective?

The fans are a bit of an H&S issue too ;)

Chad Holton

Thanks, Richman! To achieve this look - I created this with GIMP, these are all separate layers saved as a GIF, it will ask when saving how long between frames, give it a time (in milliseconds). That's it.

Thanks, jlowap! I may have to try that color too. Yes, the fans look and are very dangerous. They are made from plated tamahagane and razor sharp. Not only does it keep the case cool; it will also cut tomatoes, deli meats and trim your finger nails... at the same time. Perhaps a warning sticker may help?

Chad Holton

not so much of a retro color on this one...

rkulshrestha

Cant you change the color of the fan too?

Shivani

Chad Holton

Of course, what color are you thinking?

I attached a pic of what the case fan was designed after. Being an Emerson fan, there are a few around the office. I wonder how long it took them to change the fan guard... I can stick my arm in some. Anyhow, I was trying to keep the same look and materials - but open to color suggestions.

guest84672

Shouldn't it be "Holton Retro Case" :-)

Chad Holton

Chad Holton

JTrusty

QuoteAdded some flames...

Lookin' good brother. And I see you got the mapping lined up nicely too.  :)

rkulshrestha

Try making the grill of the fan the back color and the fans of the blade a front color. It will look nice when the fan spins too [in real life]. say Black grill and orange fan blade.

Shivani

Chad Holton

Thanks, JTrusty! It was off a tenth...  ;)

Hi Shivani - Interesting, I'll check out those color combos tonight.

Richman

Thanks for the tip on creating animated gifs.  I have figured out the PS process for it.