Rendering - Tomek Jarosz - Swatch Chrono

Started by homolongus, May 20, 2012, 04:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

homolongus

Hi all,
at the beginning I would like to thank the guys from KeyShot for their superb piece of software. Ease and speed while generating stunning visualizations can not be compared to anything else.
That's why participation in this contest is a pure pleasure  :D
The only thing I wish for is a little bit faster computer - at the moment I am working on a laptop - to be able to use the full power of KeyShot  ;)

For the competition I decided to use my own watch. I was sure that KeyShot perfectly can handle translucent and transparent plastic it is made of. It was not necessary, but the final rendering I decided to gently finish up in the PS (color correction + vignetting + bokeh).

I hope you will like it...  :P

guest84672

homolongus

Thank You  :)
It's easy with KeyShot  ;)

Here is another try - made with just one single light...

abedsabeh

CAClark

Maybe the anchor points for the strap look a little too clear, but the render still looks lovely!

Cheers!

PhilippeV8

I like the blue one !  Perfect !

For the red one, CA makes a valid remark .. absolutely.

homolongus

Thanks guys, you're absolutely right - I changed the primary material unnecessarily in the red version  :P
Anyway..
this time I decided to do something like a poster - two lights set at the top and bottom to correspond with background, which adds a little "holiness" to the topic..  ;)
Hope You'll like it  :D

PhilippeV8

The botom most part looks less photo-real now ... the rest = stunning.

Orange and blue ? ... this could be a movie poster  ;)

homolongus

Thank You Philippe  :)
As usual you're right. Most tests and adjustments I made exactly to the lower light. Finally I decided to flatten the lower part so that the upper came to the fore. The second option was to darken the bottom part of the watch but I was less satisfied with the end result.
Could be better - I know - but it is all just for fun isn't it?...  ;)

homolongus

Wow! Honorable Mention!?! Yeah!!!   :D
Thank You guys for the great contest! Superb software! Lots of excellent works. See you next time ;D

feelstuff

awsome works ! would anyone share something about how to add light in keyshot ? Thanks a lot ```

homolongus

Sure! There are at least two ways. First, you can insert additional object (plane, sphere, etc) and give it "light" material.  In the new version of Keyshot you can also edit the HDRI map and instantly add a whole new light source.  :)

EGON

Really nice! The strap material in the second one............so Swatch like. Amazing.