urgent: 3ds max plugin error :(

Started by pionier, May 22, 2012, 11:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pionier

hi,

I installed plugin for 3ds max, exported scene to .bip file then keyshot pop-up but I get import error window with msg "unknown file format" , when I click OK nothing happened, scene is empty.

but when I open that file in keyshot, then is loading but looks like whole scene doesn't match what I have in 3ds max (scene is rotated in wrong way) and also seems like objects lost uvw :(

why is that?

I have 3ds max 2012 and Keyshot 3.2.29

thanks,
Peter

guest84672

I just tested it with yet a newer build, and that seems to work. We will post it shortly.

pionier

cool,

in the mean time strange thing happend  ::)

in keyshot when I import .bip file - scene is rotate in wrong way, I import file again and scene is on the right place (?!)

so I deleted first group of models and left second - it's way around but seems to work.
but ... what doesn't work now is camera, when I switch to imported camera I see black screen... and still no uvw's

when imported scene as obj then is ok, I have uvw's

pionier

hi all,

I reinstalled (and did upgrade as well) keyshot and 3ds max plugin but still have the same problem, even with simple scene with teapot:

left - 3ds max
right - keyshot

object still don't have uvw's in keyshot :/

well, maybe I do something wrong but at the moment... time is ticking and I have to finish another watch for contest so I go for .obj format

guest84672

Are you talking about texture coordinates?

pionier

hi Thomas, yes I'm talking about texture coordinates.

Bondra

I also having this problem with "unknown file format". When opening the file from the File > Open it opens but without any textures applied from 3DS Max. How come?  :(

guest84672

What file format are you importing? 3DS?

Bondra

I've downloaded the 3DS plugin and choose the export in 3DS MAX and then choose Keyshot exporter in the droplist.

guest84672

Did you then import the bip file it generated?

guest84672

Ah - wait - what version of KeyShot are you running?

Bondra

guest84672

Can you send me the max file so we can test here?

qweqwi

qweqwi

KeyShot max and do not work well, the layers and textures really do not move from one program to another ... the result is totaly random