Black screen, I see my model only for a few sec, Please help me

Started by mwaczkowska, May 23, 2012, 01:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwaczkowska

Hi :) My problem is that when I load my model from Rhino i don't see it. The screen turns black, and only when click Scene- Models- i can see yellow lines around my model. No preview. I think i import files in proper way, "new material- new layer" and only solids, no surfaces.
Hope You will help becouse i have hope that I will make in this program renders for my diploma work. I have to admit that i hate v-ray :)
Well, maybe my computer is not strong enough to handle Keyshot 3?
I have dell studio 1555,
Pentium Dual Core CPU T4200  2.GHZ
3 MB RAM
windows vista 32- bit

Thanks for help :)

mwaczkowska

I forget to add, that when i choose materials and click render, it renders.
But luck of preview, black screen makes it so hard! :(

Chad Holton

Hi,

What version of KeyShot 3 are you running? You can find this under Help>About.

mwaczkowska

Chad Holton

Here's a much newer version: http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,3887.0.html

After you update, test it out and let me know if it helps or not.

mwaczkowska

i didn't helped, i have unistalled keyshot and installed newest  version but the problem is still the same. :(

Chad Holton

Here's a few thing to try:

- Make sure you are running the latest driver for your video card
- Hit "H" to toggle the HUD
- Go into Edit>Preferences>Advanced and uncheck "Graphic effects"

Let me know how it goes.

guest84672

Also make sure that you have permission to access the content inside the KeyShot resources directory..

mwaczkowska

@ Chad Holton, I did what you sad and this change anything. My graphic card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

@Thomas Teger, Im not sure what you mean. I'm using trial version, and I have it since yesterday.

Chad Holton

Open KeyShot and then click on the library button at the bottom. Under the environment tab is it showing anything or is it empty?

mwaczkowska

it's not empty. I have different interiors, outdoors and studios. When I choose one, and try to grab it into black window where should be model i can't see it. But if i click "render",wait a while,  there is choosen environment, for example conference room on the rendered file.