Main Menu

Frame rate

Started by Simon N, May 23, 2012, 08:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon N

Hi guys. Is there any way to adjust the frame rate when rendering out an animation?

Also, I have found that when adding some materials/labels to my model it has affected how it animates. The only thing I can think could be causing it is when I have 'unlinked' a material to apply labels etc to different surfaces. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? I had a model animated exactly how I wanted it, then after changing some materials etc the end of the animation went haywire!

Thanks for your help.

guest84672

click on the the "gears" in the animation time line to change the frame rate.

We would need a more specific example to understand what you are observing as far as animations and materials go.

Simon N

Thanks Thomas!

I am trying to speed up the rendering time of a 30 second animation I have, it currently is rendering 756 frames and I estimate it's going to take 12+ hours to render. Is there a minimum frames/sec that you would advise not to go below? I need to render 3 of the same animation with different graphics applied, so I would like to cut the rendering time a bit whilst not compromising on the quality.

Thanks

guest84672

Depends on what you are rendering for. If it is for web, then you can get away with 12 fps.