Big problems with cameras

Started by quigley, May 24, 2012, 05:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quigley

I updated to 3.2 yesterday (I have Pro+Animation) and have had issues with animation cameras.

See this video:

http://screencast.com/t/gdwYjGnUb

Hopefull you see the issue - I set the camera visually, tweak the animation by sliding the timeline marker back and forth. As soon as I hit play in the animatiuon timeline the camera reverts to a "standard" far away view. Nudge the camera controls a bit in settings and it returns to the correct view. Hit play again and it flips.

When you try to render the sequence it always reverts to this far away camera....which means I can't use the animation. This didn't happen in 3.1.

Any ideas?

Robb63

Are you putting the camera in edit mode before you tweak it?
If not it will go back to the previous camera angle when you hit play.

guest84672

Check your active camera and make sure it is set to free camera in the scene tree / animation tab.

Bruno F

As Thomas suggested, in the scene tree you can expand the Cameras' tree, right click on "Free Camera" and select "Set as active camera".  This should do the trick.

quigley

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I think this may be file related. This file was originally setup in Keyshot 1. The free camera appears to be locked in some way or has corrupted the file. The free camera cannot be deleted. The RMB only shows "active camera" see video -

http://screencast.com/t/FLhc7Azn

I am not having problems in new files set up from scratch in KS3, so worse case I'll need to redo it all. Annoying. I can sent the file if it helps debug.

quigley

Update:

I tried importing the BIP file into a new one. No difference. Looks like the only option is to import the original data file and try again - assuming I can find it from 2 years ago  >:(

At this point in time I am thinking - you know it would be REALLY useful if Keyshot could export an OBJ or other standard 3D poly format - just for these cases.

guest84672

Have you made sure that you DON'T import the cameras when you import the BIP file?

quigley

Yes - makes no difference. Also when you import into a new file you get weird things happening with Move and Rotate. I think the file must be corrupt or setting off some obscure bug somewhere.

I set up[ a new file and imported the oriiginal CATIA assembly and it all works fine. BTW the CATIA import is spot on - complete production auto chassis imported in under 30 seconds.  ;D

guest84672

Ok - we will take a look.

Glad to hear that CATIA is working well for you!

tsunami

Happened the same thing to me (with camera), in my automotive pre-render movie...
quigley i saw on your movie, you are working in a project that seem similar to mine.Are you working in an automotive factory?i saw body parts and chassis...real good.
regards

quigley

I'll send you the file Thomas.

These are real production components from a production car. My customer makes the parts and we are doing some work on it. Everything we get is in Catia v5 format.

guest84672

ok sounds good - use keyshot.wetransfer.com and send directly to me.